Huge meat companies have steadily driven down the prices farmers receive for the livestock they raise, forcing farms to “get big or get out.” Small farms have been replaced by factory farms that pollute nearby air and water, undermine rural economies, and reduce the quality of life for neighbors.
- Wednesday, April 17 State fines first dairy under manure law
- Tuesday, April 16 1 million gallons of manure spills from Canton farm
- Tuesday, April 16 Ranch agrees to pay $16,000 after lengthy two-year fight
- Monday, April 15 Million-gallon cow manure spill fouls Root River tributaries
- Monday, March 18 Stopping a CAFO: The Biggest Victory You Never Heard About
- Monday, March 18 Will Senate Democrats stand with everyday people or the factory farm lobby?
- Thursday, March 14 EPA Pushes Iowa to Combat Farm Pollution
- Thursday, March 14 China’s Dead-Hog Scandal Is Gross—But So Are the Hog Feces in US Waterways
- Monday, March 11 Two hog confinement facilities proposed for county
- Monday, March 11 Citizens Voice Concerns Over Factory Farm